Friday, November 7, 2014

Blitz: Forever Bound by Samantha Chase and Noelle Adams


I’ve been a lot of things in my life. Marine. Bodyguard. Security expert. Player. Heart-breaker. Occasionally an asshole. 

Never a first-grade teacher. Until now. 

It’s the most ridiculous undercover security job I’ve ever had to deal with. Corralling a bunch of six-year-olds while I try to do my job and keep anyone from knowing how clueless I really am. 

I manage to fool everyone. Except her. 

She’s an actual teacher, and she’s determined to find out what I’m really doing here. She doesn’t trust me, and her daughter doesn’t like me. 

And the worst part is that I’m starting to like them. A lot. 

So now, instead of being the tough guy, I’m stuck with rowdy children and Christmas pageants and falling in love. 

It’s not the way I thought I’d spend Christmas.


Forever Bound byNoelle Adams and Samantha Chase 
(The Protectors, #3) 
Publication date: November 4th 2014 
Genres: Adult, Contemporary, New Adult



I managed not to sneer, since I really did like Rose most of the time, and I didn’t want her to see how annoyed I was that she was swooning over Declan Curtis.
After all, it wasn’t like he was so drop-dead gorgeous that a sensible woman would turn into an idiot. He was attractive enough, with those golden looks of his, but I hadn’t seen anything else to impress me.
“Do you not like him for some reason?” Rose asked, evidently catching something in my expression.
“I don’t know him. I’ve only seen him around. But Lily says that he’s not really teaching them anything.”
“It’s first grade.”
“I know it’s first grade, but that doesn’t mean the day needs to be wasted on frivolous activities. There’s a lot kids need to learn during that year, and it’s not right if this guy isn’t taking it seriously.”
“I’m sure he is. He’s just probably one of those teachers who can turn learning into such fun that kids hardly notice they’re learning.”
“Lily knows if she’s learning or not.” I let out a breath, telling myself to be patient and not jump to unfair conclusions. Maybe he was easing into things, and he’d start buckling down soon.
He’d had more than a week now, though, and nothing had changed in the classroom, according to Lily.
“Maybe she’s learning things and doesn’t realize it.”
“Or maybe he’s just treating teaching like a game. Like it’s not really important work. Teaching isn’t easy. Not just anyone can do it.”
“I know that.” Rose smiled in a particular way. “You’re really riled up. I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this riled up before.”
“Yes, I’m riled up. Teaching is important. First grade is important. And it shouldn’t be thrown away on an overgrown kid, no matter how sexy he is.”
The momentum of my words had caused me to step back and raise my voice slightly. Then I noticed Rose’s expression change, and her eyes shifted to something over my shoulder.
I froze, realizing immediately what her distraction meant. Someone else was in the office.
When I turned to look, I saw Declan leaning against the doorframe with his typical leisurely confidence. He had a half-smile on his face.
I was momentarily overwhelmed with mortification, wondering how much he’d heard and if it was obvious I was talking about him.
I didn’t like the man, but I never would have laid him out right to his face.
Then he gave me a little wink, evidently caring not at all about what he’d just overheard.
I sucked in an indignant breath and turned away. The man was absolutely infuriating. Didn’t he take anything seriously at all?






Noelle Adams

Noelle handwrote her first romance novel in a spiral-bound notebook when she was twelve, and she hasn’t stopped writing since. She has lived in eight different states and currently resides in Virginia, where she teaches English, reads any book she can get her hands on, and offers tribute to a very spoiled cocker spaniel.

She loves travel, art, history, and ice cream. After spending far too many years of her life in graduate school, she has decided to reorient her priorities and focus on writing contemporary romances. For more information, please check out her website: noelle-adams.com.




Samantha Chase

New York Times and USA Today Bestseller/contemporary romance writer Samantha Chase released her debut novel, Jordan's Return, in November 2011. Although she waited until she was in her 40's to publish for the first time, writing has been a lifelong passion. Her motivation to take that step was her students: teaching creative writing to elementary age students all the way up through high school and encouraging those students to follow their writing dreams gave Samanthathe confidence to take that step as well. 

When she's not working on a new story, she spends her time reading contemporary romances, blogging, playing way too many games of Scrabble on Facebook and spending time with her husband of 25 years and their two sons in North Carolina.  For more information visit her website at www.chasing-romance.com.







Hosted by
Xpresso Book Tours





















No comments:

Post a Comment