Thursday, February 13, 2014

Tattooed Dots by Kimberly Knight - Review


Easton Crawford put his modeling career and good looks before his marriage until it was over. Years later, he is finally learning how to be the father his daughter needed him to be. He’s not looking for a new mom for his daughter—just nightly casual hook-ups. When his best friend, Avery, convinces him that a good way to meet a lot of single women is to go on a single’s cruise, Easton finds more than just a hook-up when he meets a fellow cruiser, Brooke.


Brooke Bradley has taken care of her younger sister, Bailee, for most of their lives. While their mother was enjoying not being a mother, Brooke became the adult in the household at thirteen. She had always taken care of the people in her life, especially her boyfriend, Jared. If it wasn’t for Brooke, Jared wouldn’t know how to function throughout the day.



When Brooke’s best friend, Nicole, gives her a gift of going on a cruise without telling her that it’s a single’s cruise, will Brooke find someone willing to be her constant and finally leave Jared? 



Brooke and Easton learn that people are brought into their lives for many reasons. Over time, they find out what those reasons are. Some are to be a temporary acquaintance while others are there for life.





I've been patiently waiting a long time to read this book!

Have you ever read a story that draws you in from the very beginning? One where you can't put it down? This is what Tattooed Dots did for me. I was drawn in from page one and it didn't let me go until the very end. I'm a big fan of Kimberly Knight, so naturally I had to read this one and I'm so glad I did. I LOVED this book! It sure is a great start to a new series. For reals.

I don't want to give much information away, but here I go!

Easton Crawford never imagined raising his daughter on his own, but she is his world. He is the owner of a bar in NY with his best friend Avery, and his priority is his daughter and his bar. He has never believed in soul mates before and letting love in doesn't fit into his plans. 

"Love you Peanut." - Easton
"Love you too Daddy." - 

"I'm not looking for the one, because I've been there before and it resulted in divorce"

Brooke was a girl that had to grow up too fast; she lived without his mom since she was thirteen. She was left by a mother who cared about nothing but rich men, to take care of her younger sister and herself at such young age. 
Brooke lives with a lazy ass boyfriend, whose worlds revolves around video games. But she doesn't open her eyes and realize how selfish he is until her best friend Nicole gets her a ticket to go on a cruise for her birthday.

"The more I thought about my relationship with Jared, the more I realized that being with him was convenient."

And so it begins.. Brooke and Easton met each other on the cruise and become friends. And even though she is attracted to Easton, she doesn't want to cheat on Jared. 

"God, I've never met anyone like you. You make me want to be a better man - a better father."

"She was so strong, she was my Superwoman."

What would happen when the cruise is over? Will Brooke break up with Jared after 4 years together? Is someone going to be hurt?

One of my favorite things about reading so many books is the surprise of a book being so much more than I expected. To say I liked this book would be a huge understatement. 

If you're a fan of contemporary, new adult stories, I highly recommend Tattooed Dots. It's a delightful read!













Kimberly Knight has just moved from the Bay Area in California to the mountains near a lake with her loving husband and spoiled cat, Precious. In her spare time, she enjoys watching her favorite reality TV shows, playing co-ed slow pitch softball in a few local leagues,rooting for her SF Giants and San Jose Sharks and playing computer games like World of Warcraft with Audrey Harte and online poker. Now that she is near a lake, she plans on working on her tan and doing more outdoor stuff like...watching hot guys ski. However, the bulk of her time is dedicated to writing and reading Romance and Erotic fiction.
















No comments:

Post a Comment