Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Let Love In by Melissa Collins - Review


What would happen if you lost everything? If the people who were supposed to love you unconditionally were no longer there for you, how would your world change?
Madeleine Becker lost everything when her parents died when she was ten years old. Ripped from her home and everything that she has ever loved, she is forced to start all over again. The only way for her to move on is to build walls around her heart and keep everyone at a safe distance. Her logic: she can’t get hurt if she doesn’t fall in love.
That theory is blown to pieces when she meets Reid Connely during her freshman year at college. He is gorgeous and darkly mysterious. He understands Maddy’s pain all too well, but sharing his pain would mean breaking down the walls he put up around his own heart. Conflicted between loving Maddy and hiding his dark past, Reid starts to reevaluate his world. Maddy’s inner strength, snarky personality and breath taking beauty help Reid to make peace with his past.
Together they find out what happens when they let love in.



I have to start by saying that this book was absolutely amazing! It is definitely a roller coaster book, my emotions were all over the place. It hooked me from the first chapter, I devoured it in one sitting.

When I first learn about Maddy, I realized she's suffered a more tragedy in life than one should have to deal with at such a young age. At 10 years old she lost both her parents in a car accident  leaving her feeling alone in the world and unable to really let love in. When she getting ready to go off to college with her best friend Melanie, who is also the only family she knows, she sets some rules. She is intent on making a change.

"They’re very simple promises, but ones that I hope will wipe the slate clean.
1. Choose happy.
2. Appreciate beauty.
3. Let love it.
Like I said, simple, refreshingly simple."

Then she meets Reed Connely in a party, "…six feet two inches of solid, gorgeous, beautiful man…." "Reid is the epitome of tall, dark, and fucking amazingly handsome. And even that description doesn't seem to cut it." and right after their first encounter, Reid pushes her away. He's mean, hurtful and aggressive, which will kae you want to knock him, but he's actually as fragile and broken as Maddy is. They so need each other very badly.

They go back and forth, and after a few unfortunate run ins and misunderstandings Reid and Maddy give each other a chance.  They take things slow, his sweetness growing as their relationship does.

"For the first time ever, I want a girl for more than just one night, for more than just sex. She’s alive and vibrant. I just feel like she sees me, the real me. Scares the shit out of me, but I can’t deny it any longer."

"You bring more happiness into my life than I ever thought I deserved."

I really enjoyed watching Maddy and Reid’s relationship develop, their relationship is beautiful, passionate, sexy, sweet. They go from being two loaners to being stuck together like glue, and I loved it. 

I want to send a huge Congratulations to Melissa Collins. This book touched my soul in a way you could never imagine, I'll never forget this story. I loved the way she set it up, I can't express enough nor do enough justice for this book. Just know that this is a book you will never regret reading.  It is a definite must read! So, head on over to the links listed below and grab yourself a copy as soon as you can!















I am an independent author / self-publisher in the Contemporary Romance / New Adult genre. I hope that you love reading my stories as much as I love writing them.
My other job is teaching high school English. I’m passionate about reading and love getting lost in a good book, especially when it’s the one that comes from my own mind.
I’m a wife, mother of 3 beautiful boys and lover of all things romance.


~

I’ve always been an avid reader.  Majoring in English Literature was a no brainer.  Becoming a teacher and instilling my love for reading into my students was also a no brainer.  I’ve spent the last ten years teaching and I’ve loved (mostly) every minute of it.  When I was home on maternity leave for my third son, I discovered a new genre that sparked my creativity.  My passion for writing sprang from my love of reading and once I knew I had a story to tell, I couldn’t wait to get it out there.  I only hope that my readers enjoy reading my story as much as I enjoyed writing it.





No comments:

Post a Comment