Friday, February 13, 2015

Tour: Red Lines by T.A. Foster

RedLines_FrontCover_LoResLove on remote Perry Island was one thing, but with the flash of a camera everything has changed.

Movie star Evan Carlson has just landed the role of a lifetime, playing the infamous Dexter Red. Fans can't get enough of the sexiest, most-talked-about guy to ever hit paperback pages.

Haven is in Austin working on her songwriting career, and Evan's faith and commitment are put to the test. No matter which way he turns, Hollywood keeps getting in the way.

Does realizing their career dreams mean losing their relationship? Can they survive the headlines and media frenzy surrounding Evan's new role?

When it comes to love, some lines are meant to be blurred.


   

Evan collapsed into his desk chair. Half of his problem had been solved, but there was a much bigger one on his plate. He pulled out his phone and dialed a number he had hoped to never use again.
“Evan, oh my God, I can’t believe it’s you. How are you?” Emmy’s sweet voice chimed with happiness.
“Hey, Em. Do you have a second?”
“Of course, of course. Hold on. Let me step out of this meeting.”
“Why don’t you call me back later?” He realized there was no way to tell who she was with and whether she could be discreet about anything they discussed.
“No, I wouldn’t think of it. Ok. I can talk. I was meeting with my stylist, but she can wait. What’s going on?”
“I wanted to talk to you about Red Lines.”
“Oh my God, does this mean you’re doing it?”
“No, no. Just calm down a second. I wanted to talk to you about it. That’s all. Nothing more than that.”
“Ok, I get it. What did you want to talk about?” She had surprisingly reined in her excitement rather quickly.
“I wanted to talk about us.”
“Us? But I thought you told me last week you were seeing someone. Change your mind?” Her voice was playful.
“I am seeing someone. I didn’t mean it like that. I’m with Haven still. That hasn’t changed and it’s not going to change. But, I need to know from you if that’s a problem if we were to work together. Because if it is, I get it. I just need to know, Emmy.”
“Why w-w-would it be a problem? I’m a professional. You think I’m over here pining away for you? You should see my Evan scrapbook and the posters I have of you on my bedroom walls.” She giggled.
“I didn’t say that.” He shook his head. She wasn’t making this easy.
“Isn’t that what you’re insinuating? I can’t handle being around the sexy, hot Evan Carlson if I’m still carrying a torch for him?”
“Emmy, come on. I didn’t say any of those things. I’m trying to see where you stand on us working together again since we broke up. It’s not a normal situation. I don’t want to make things difficult for you or me.” He was starting to regret the call. Emmy was more playful than usual.
“Evan, if you will sign on to do this movie, I can handle it.”
“You sure?”
“Positive. Besides, I think it would be fun to work together again. Like old times.”
That’s exactly what he was afraid of. Emmy and her flirtatious, seductive moves. Not to mention that half of their scenes would be in bed. He tried not to think about that part.
“All right, thanks, girl. That’s all I needed to hear.”
“Does this mean you’ll do it?”
“I don’t know. Thinking about it. But I swear if you leak a single word of this conversation—”
“Hey, I wouldn’t do that. Oh, gotta go, babe. I have another fitting. Bye.”
He looked at the dark phone. He had to hope and pray that he hadn’t just made the biggest mistake of his life. Haven should be home from her meeting with Bruce any minute. Once they talked about it, he would know what to do.



TAFoster

T.A. Foster is a Southern girl whose heart and spirit are connected to the beach. She grew up catching rays and chasing waves along the North Carolina Outer Banks and now resides in the state with her adventurous pilot husband, two children and two canine kiddos. 

Her long love affair with books started at an early age, and as soon as she was able, she transformed imaginative stories into words on paper. Time Spell is T.A.’s debut novel, and the first in a series about a very adventurous, clever, and magical girl named Ivy.

T.A. has an undergraduate degree in Journalism and Mass Communication from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a graduate degree in Educational Psychology from Texas A&M University. When she’s not chasing her two-legged and four-legged children or trying to escape for date night, you can find her reading, writing or planning her next beach trip.








Hosted by
Blogger Button
















No comments:

Post a Comment