Thursday, October 23, 2014

Tour: Everly After by Rebecca Paula

Everly Banner
unnamed (16)All truths burn bright and clear. I’m still waiting in the dark. Everly Monteith has traded her life of glitter, parties, and self-destruction for waitressing at a Parisian café. She’s put the tragedy that sent her across the Atlantic in the past—until her toxic ex shows up and sends her reeling once more. Her fresh start begins slipping away until a smug British war correspondent crashes her party. But falling for Beckett means letting down her guard, something that might pull them both into the dark. There are beautiful lies in this world, and it takes me being chased through a hallway at a rave to decide this girl is one of them. But even the most beautiful lies aren’t worth chasing. Twenty-five-year-old Beckett Reid is forced into sabbatical after being kidnapped on assignment in Afghanistan. Back in Paris, he locks himself away to work on a novel, focused on saving his budding journalism career. But when he meets an enigmatic American heiress, his plans are quickly neglected. Everly is the perfect replacement for dangerous war zones, even if she does leave glitter on everything he owns. Reckless and wild, she runs through life making more mistakes than anyone he’s met, but Beckett is determined to fight for her, even if he must face the messy truth that he must fight for himself first. *This New Adult romance is recommended for readers 18+ due to mature content.*
Title: Everly After
Author: Rebecca Paula
Genre: New Adult
Release Date: October 21, 2014





I sink onto the step beside her, my legs spread wide. My finger stretches across the small distance between us, and I brush her soft skin until she faces me. “Do you want to go for a walk maybe? Or something?” She shakes her head, her eyes pinned to my face as her finger mirrors mine, tracing small circles over my arm. We stare at each other, silent. It’s her eyes, how they hold her secrets. Everything else about her is the picture of innocence. The honey hair, the flawless skin, the heart-shaped lips. She looks like a doll, all except for her sad, navy eyes. There’s no such thing as perfection. People aren’t perfect, and I’m an idiot if I ever fool myself into believing Everly is the exception. Because she’s not. She can’t be. “How’s your knee?” I break the silence, feeling that the longer the quiet passes between us, the more I fall into the idea of perfect a girl who’s clearly broken. A beautiful lie, like I first thought. And yet, here I am, moving closer, allowing myself to touch her because I’m hungry for it. I want her. Despite everything, I still want her, and that’s the trouble. I’m the trouble. I’m the one who’s going to get burned. She drops her hand. “It’s just a scratch.” Her lips curl into a gentle smile. And I’m just an idiot chasing after the wrong girl.






It began with a boy who survived a plane crash in the wilderness.
I discovered my love of writing during a fifth grade writing assignment for Hatchet. After that, I knew I wanted to be a writer.
Always the hopeless romantic, I write late Victorian and Edwardian historical romances as well as contemporary New Adult romances.
I am a member of Romance Writers of America (RWA), as well as the New Hampshire chapter (NHRWA) and the New England chapter (NECRWA). I contribute regularly to the Modern Belles of History blog, a site dedicated to writing, reading, and researching 20th century women’s historical fiction.
When I’m not writing, I’m most likely reading or daydreaming about my next travel adventure. I live in New Hampshire with my husband and our cat, Bella.







Hosted by
love p






















 

No comments:

Post a Comment