Friday, September 26, 2014

Tour: Saving Tatum by Micalea Smeltzer



Even tough girls need saving. 


Jude Brooks is bad news. He’s the kind of guy that leaves behind a string of broken hearts and Tatum O’ Connor is not about to be one of those girls, despite all of Jude’s advances. They have a past, and Tatum’s determined to make sure they don’t have a future.


Unfortunately for her, “no” isn’t a word in Jude’s vocabulary.


The more she backs away, the more he pushes.

But what if he pushes too far?

Tatum’s hiding a pain that no one sees and holding on to a hurt that may never heal. Letting Jude into her heart could shatter her completely—and what if she opens up to Jude and he can’t handle her baggage? 

Love is never easy—especially when the person you’re falling for is the person you blame for the worst event in your life.

Love, heartache, and despair. 

That’s the name of the game when you’re Saving Tatum.    





1. What made you want to become a writer?
Hmmm…That’s a good one. Writing is something I’ve always done, but I never thought about making it into a career until my senior year of high school. I started having panic attacks when I realized this was what I wanted to do with the rest of my life. I gave myself a year to make it happen and by some miracle people liked my books. J
2. What is your favorite/least favorite part about writing?
Dang. That’s hard. Writing is what I love, so most things are my favorite. I love the excitement of starting a new book and getting to know new characters. Finishing a series is my least favorite thing. It’s heartbreaking saying goodbye to characters I love—some of which have been with me for years.
3. Can you give us three random facts about Saving Tatum?
1)   Gummy Bears. (‘Nuff said)
2)    Tatum throws a McFlurry at Jude.
3)    The cupcake shop, Lucinda who owns it, and Bryce who works there are actually from my Outsider series. I love bringing old characters into a new series. It’s nice for me to get to revisit them briefly. Then I never really have to say goodbye.
4.   How do you come up with character names?
Ha! It’s a long process for me. I’m very particular about names. I’ll change names several times until it’s right. Sometimes I get lucky and have a character pop into my head that declares their name and is adamant that I don’t change it. *cough* Trace Wentworth.
5.   If you could sit down face to face with one of your characters, who would you choose and why?
Don’t make me choose! That’s not fair! I’d probably pick Trace because he’s pretty fun and I’m sure he’d make me laugh with all the crazy things that come out of his mouth.
6.   What’s one random/weird fact about you?
I used to only read non-fiction books as a kid. So, that’s definitely weird, haha. I thought fiction books were boring because they weren’t real. I wanted facts. And now I make up stories.
7.   What can we expect from you in the future?
Lots and lots of books. Haha. I hope to have at least one Young Adult book in 2015 but I’m aiming for two. And maybe go back to my paranormal roots for a bit. I write what feels right for me, so I never really have a set schedule since I could get a new idea that won’t leave me alone at any time.
8.   If you could say anything to your readers right now what would you say?
I love you and I really mean that. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to live my dream.





Micalea Smeltzer is a bestselling Young and New Adult author from Winchester, Virginia. She’s always working on her next book, and when she has spare time she loves to read and spend time with her family.











Hosted by









  









No comments:

Post a Comment